Tier II :
- Continue to deepen our engagement with the Trans/GNB community around the research issues they identified in Tier I.
- Have facilitated discussions within Trans/GNB communities in order to obtain more detailed feedback.
- Update and provide the community with our findings derived from the initial survey instrument.
- Build capacity through training and education.
- Broaden our scope to include additional partnerships both locally and nationally.
- Facilitate activities such as workshops, summits, presentations, and meetings.
- Educate via personal storytelling by way of website and social media.
Tier I :
Between May 2015 and January 2016, ArTEC assembled & hosted monthly meetings with the Transform Health Arkansas Research Working Group [RWG]. It is comprised of individuals who identify as transgender or GNB, concerned health providers, researchers, and community supporters. The RWG guides the project, which accomplished the following:
- Coordinated five regional transgender health research summits around Arkansas that surveyed & documented the health issues community members wanted to see studied.
- Trained leaders in the Trans/GNB community to facilitate summit events and discussions.
- Conducted an online survey of research interests for community members with travel or scheduling limitations.
- Established mechanisms for bidirectional communication about the project via email, monthly newsletters, social media, webinars, and use of videoconferencing.
Join ArTEC via Facebook at: ArkansasTransEquality